Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The alien word of wisdom breaker...

January 12th, 2015

So last week my email saved as a draft. I feel so loved that everyone emailed me anyways. Thanks :)
I'm just gonna get to the goods this week. I'm sick of the pleasantries so I'll just give you the highlights from this week. So on Wednesday we went to visit one of our less actives, Hermana Rosa (the crazy) and we were just chatting having a good time and as we were leaving she saw that we were on our bikes. She then asked us "Did you get your bikes from your planet?" "Our planet?" "Aren't you aliens?" "ummmm no.."

The next day we went to another Hermana's house and she fed us ice cream. After she had served us the ice cream I just was kinda like "hmmm... this tastes interesting" but I couldn't define what it was and then she came, sat down, took a taste and said "hermana, what is this taste?" and I said "I don't know but it tastes a little bit like coffee smells." Her eyes got HUGE and she went and got the ice cream container and asked me to read it and see if there was coffee.. I did.. there was coffee in it. I told her and she started freaking out she was like "oh my goodness I made the sister missionaries break the word of wisdom I'm going to be excommunicated!" and all this stuff, I told her it was fine cause it was in ignorance so it would be fine. 

I tell you that story to lead to the next one that includes me breaking the word of wisdom again. Hermana Lister came here for exchanges and we decided to go tracting. So we did and we met this lady who told us to come back in about 40 minutes so we could share with her and her husband. So we came back and this people.. They were pretty cool, laid back people. The woman is an artist and the husband was a musician. These people were hippies. I felt like I had stepped back in time when I was in their apartment. It was really weird. So they hear us out and we actually have a really good lesson with them, despite the fact that Hermana Lister and I struggled to teach in English a little bit. They told us we had a special hora about us, even though they thought we were British because he saw us on bikes in our "nice coats" haha.  They started to share with us some of their philosiphies and we left them with a Book of Mormon and they gave us "The Fellowship Bible: The bible of Love" or something they wife offered us some uncomfortably long "grace hugs"and then then brought out some brownies, we accepted, not thinking anything of it. We left that place laughing our heads off and laughing for the rest of the day. After lots of laughter and some unstraight thoughts, we came to the conclusion that we had some marijuana brownies. 

Then in that same complex we came across a guy that wanted us to free him from a demon but not right then, and so we tried just talking to him and he told us that we need to prove to him in the bible that God rids the good of demons if they ask Jesus people to do it for them.

This week our boundries changed, we're in a different zone :( and we gained a greater area. Guess what, it's part of the same area that I had when I was in H1. I guess it's safe to say Heavenly Father doesn't want me to be done over there yet. There's something I have to do for a few weeks... Baptize the world. Probably. So they disolved the spanish stake and just merged them with the English stakes. The whole world was balling their eyes out yesterday. It was crazy.

Also as a mission we're trying to reach 60 baptisms this month. So if you could pray specifically for that it'd be great. And that a few of those could be ours :) We've also been asked to make a sacrifice mine is thoughts of home. So stop making me think about it for the next few weeks okay? February you can make me as trunky as you want okay? Alright well I love you all and hope you have a great week. I know that the Lord is watching over each and everyone of you. I pray for you all and wish you the most success. I love you! Keep strong and carry on!
Hermana Groves 

No comments:

Post a Comment