Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Happy New Year!

January 5th, 2015

I need to stop putting off my group email until the last little while of my email. Sorry :) Let's see how detailed I can make this in the little time I have. 
Monday, nothing. Tuesday, we took a few young women out with us on our bikes. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm in awesome biking shape. They are not. So since I was leading the way I just thought we were all just breezing along. I look back and see that I'm sailing all on my own.. I thought I was pacing myself pretty slow too.. So that's a thing. We were able to visit one of the less active young women in the ward. I think it was really good, because they weren't even aware that she existed. But because I was used to timing things out based upon our speed we were super late for our next appointment and so the hermano (who this was our first time going to his house) was calling us and calling us asking where he could pick us up and telling us that it's not safe to be out on our bikes in the dark and all this stuff.. So.. we're not allowed to ride alone in the car with him without an adult female.. so I just stopped answering the phone. Whoops.. haha it was fine. No worries. He got over it. 
Wednesday New Years Eve came around, we had to be in our apartments by 8 so you know what we did? We took my usual holiday photo shoot (forgive us we kinda look like Kesha) and then we hit the hay. I think I was asleep by 9 15. Too bad Elder Jarvis called to ask about the Hermanas in his district at 10 20 (cause that's what district leaders do). So rude. Haha basically I told him he was lucky he was far away cause I was ready to punch some lights out. haha jk.
Friday we had MLC and we had this really long talk about confidenciality(spell check?) and then we were told some confidencial information that after next week I can share. For me it is really exciting so cowboy up for that. 
Friday we went to visit one of our investigators Maria. It was a rough go of it. We had a really strong lesson about the book of mormon then she said "I want you to come visit me every day. But I am not going to change. I will forever drink coffee, I will only read about the life of Jesus Christ. I won't read the Book of Mormon or go to church, I wasn't baptized 30 years ago and I'm not going to be baptized now" And I said "well Maria we'd love to come visit you every day but Maria our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ through faith in Him by being baptized so if you don't want to change, that's fine. But we can't come back to visit" she sat there for a minute and then said "My feelings didn't change, but disregard what I told you before and just come back." So we're just gonna feel that situation out. 
On Saturday we were able to contact a less active family named the Delgado's that I have never met before. We have an appointment with them this week. I'm so excited!
I don't have much more time but I want you all to know that I love you very much and that I hope you have a great week. The church is true!
Hermana Groves 


No comments:

Post a Comment