Monday, December 29, 2014

As 2014 Comes to an End...



December 28th, 2014

It's hard for me to think about what I did this week cause I was able to talk to my family on Christmas.. So sorry if things are repeated.. So lets start at the beginning..
Monday, the classic P-day shopping, emailing, what else is new? So nothing exciting on MondayOn Tuesday we had our giant mission conference, which consisted of some really good trainings/talks by President and Sister Ashton and Patriarch Newbold from the clearlake ward. It was a really good zone conference. Then of course after that there was a talent show and this was the best thing ever. There are some really talented people in our mission.. Others.. not so much, but nonetheless I loved it. There was this one elder that basically had me peeing my pants. He went up and said "I'm going to be singing 'These boots are made for walking' by Jessica Simpson.. Just kidding just kidding!" haha he also warned that puberty was rough on him so his voice squeaks. This guy literally killed me. I was crying I was laughing so hard. 
Wednesday was Christmas Eve and we went over to the Tacam's house. (Hispanics celebrate Christmas Eve like Christmas) so we just waited for the other families to arrive and while we did that we played some games. I totally killed it with the cookie on the face game. Sister Winger would have been so proud. But also we did some cup stacking. Basically we played minute to win it and I was a champion. Good thing cause 6 year old Ian beat me again at memory. He's such a trampa. 
Thursday was Christmas and we had breakfast as a zone at the church and that was a good time. Green waffles, just like last year (that's what happens when you have the same leadership 2 christmas in a row) it was really fun! All that happened just in time to go over to the Gomez's for dinner/skyping with the family. That's where I learned that my family has grown up so much. What the? So crazy! After that we had dinner #2 at the Cervantes. I basically died. But really I did. That night I was up all night shaking, who knows what was going on there...? Not me. But I'm fine now, I was told to sleep more on Friday to recoop.
Saturday was your average day. We biked all day and Hermana Call fell off her bike. Again. Obviously it was a big deal so we had to go buy a brace. It was dumping rain and no one was home. We later stopped by the bishop's house to drop off a card we forgot to give the family and turns out there was a high priest party going on and we got invited. Pretty fun. The old men in this ward are crazy.
Sunday there was a miracle baptism for the elders (and for us). Louis that we taught at the very beginning of when Hermana Call was here got baptized yesterday. And I was able to give a talk about baptism.. YAY!
Transfer calls came this morning and Hermana Call and I are staying together. I'm out of time because I'm trying to fill out some applications so if I don't email you personally don't be offended. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Hermana Groves
 

No comments:

Post a Comment