Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 10


Here's a picture of my cat...


Hey everyone! How were your Thanksgivings? Mine was humble but great. None of the members in our area invited us to eat with them, BUT one of the ladies in the ward who feeds all the missionaries after church on Sundays invited us over, so we were fed. Hermana Galicia is great. She had over 20 people over in her little apartment and fed us chicken, salad, mashed potatoes, bread. Simple but good. 

A member (Jessica who came to Galveston with us), brought us a "gift" to the dinner, an investigator and we've taught him again since then. It's awesome! We also stopped by another member's house, and she had invited us to "stop by" but she had a couple for us to share a scripture with. She's been working with the wife a lot, but the husband has a hard heart; he's really abusive in all ways possible and so she is definitely looking for a reason to keep going. But she's prepared she told us she wants us to come and teach her some more. So that's really awesome!

We've really just been continuing on our former investigators trying to find more people to teach, most of them have moved a long but we've been blessed for our efforts with lots of different blessings. Margarita still isn't baptized we're still waiting on the OK of her husband to baptize her but she is ready and told us that she can't wait, she just wants it to be more special. I love the people I teach, Angelica reminds me of Grandma Glenda so obviously I love her but her personality is so similar so when she wants to hug me, I just bring it in for a big one! Haha but she has invited her whole family to come sit in on the discussions with her. Man she's ready. Honestly, we taught a lot this week and had a lot of success but I can't remember anything else that happened... Whoops. The schedule is the same on holidays. I know I was shocked as well. But holidays are the best time to find people at home. So teach on! Haha I hope you have a great week. Dad, shave your beard. Bub, get a haircut. Haha Love you all and think of you and pray for you daily. Have a great week :)

Hermana Groves

No comments:

Post a Comment