Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 14

How was everyone's Christmas?

     Mine was really good! I'll give you guys a play by play cause I know you'll all dying to know.. Well primero, we woke up, and I went to the bathroom (an important part of the plot haha) before exercise, and come out and Hermana Bonhard is stretching and cutting out snow flakes (we have to exercise daily..), and she says "I know you are used to having a white Christmas so I thought I'd do what I can." So we just cut out some snow flakes while "stretching" to count it as exercise time haha. Isn't she just the sweetest? So if you were wondering.. I DID have a white Christmas! haha So we opened up our presents (the ones that we didn't sneak open the night before), and headed over to the church to have a district breakfast. We had green animal waffles (some of the sisters have an animal waffle maker, and our District leader has a tradition in his family to eat green waffles) and we had a good time just had some fun with one another.

     We then returned back to our apartment to do our daily studies (which was the hardest day of studies ever.. knowing that we were going to be talking to our families) and then headed over to a member's office, but he thought we said 2 and not 12, so we called him, and he said he would be there at 2. So, the family knows I had to call from a payphone (because we're not allowed to use our phone to call our families) at a gas station to let the family know I'd be a while. The member had 2 computers, but one was his girlfriend's and she wasn't answering her phone, so I had to wait until almost 3 to call home. Whatever, it was fine, I just was having a panic attack hoping the fam wouldn't wait for me on the computer haha.

     So that afternoon we taught him and went to visit Yolanda, an older member in our area. We visited her at work because she was dog sitting and we got to walk around this really nice neighborhood with all their Christmas lights on. Suddenly it felt like Christmas! Haha but it was great. We then went to another member's house. Wilson and his roommate Rosaurio is also a member too, and she made us this great food (Guatemalan), and basically they loved me even more cause I shoved my face. They invited friends they wanted us to teach over and we did. It was great. I love Rosaurio and Wilson so much. They are legit. Hermana Bonhard and I are secretly trying to get them together. They're soul mates and secretly know it.
   
     This week was a slow one for the work. President said that we should be able to get a lot of members out with us because of the holidays, but unfortunately everyone had to work MORE, and all of the people we teach are out of town. That blew a little bit haha, but we found ways to keep in contact with them all. One of our investigators gave us presents. Or should I say Hermana Bonhard. She got the presents under the tree and was like "which one is Hermana Bonhard?" looks down at the presents... They both say Hermana Bonhard. So she just awkwardly just hands me the smaller present. Whatever, I've only been teaching you for 3 months. Haha it was super funny, my feelings weren't hurt.

    So I know that I had a goal to finish the BOM in Spanish by the end of the year.. But there aren't enough hours in the day for that. I'm still working on it and should finish Alma by tomorrow. so 2/3 of the way through. Not bad in my eyes.. Hopefully by the end of this transfer. Spare time is.. Sparse so I do it when I can.

    Also this week I had 3 or 4 members tell me that my Spanish has significantly improved since I got here. THEY CAN UNDERSTAND ME!!! It's a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE (All caps for emphasis.haha) Before you know it this muchacha will be a little native speaker. (fingers crossed) 

   Christmas was really good this year. It was great to have Christmas completely dedicated to Christ. I want you all to know how much I love you and that I hope you had a great Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year! Thanks for all the cards/packages/todo
Love always
Hermana Groves









No comments:

Post a Comment