Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Apparently I'm the only one who gets sunburnt

March 31

Good mornin' good mornin'!

Hey ya'll (That's about as Texan as my accent is getting...)!

How are you guys doing? My week has been pretty good.  We've been keeping busy with our people we teach. But I wanna tell you about a miracle that we saw this week. Or two. Or three. Wherever my mind lets me go. 

First: I don't know if you guys remember me talking about Ramon my first transfer here? Well, he was my very first investigator lesson, so I'm a little attached to him. We lost him when he was evicted and didn't have a phone. Well, I have a love for him, and he was ready to be baptized.  He stopped smoking and drinking, but  we just couldn't find him. I have been praying for months and months to find him. Well. Miracle. We did. We were leaving Saturday afternoon to go to the Women's Conference, and some car was stopped in front of us for like 5 minutes, and we couldn't go anywhere. My patience was being tried. BUT when we were going down the street Ramon crosses the street right in front of us. I was like, "Hermana Bonhard you better pull this car over, or I am getting out of it! " We pulled over and I RAN over saying, "Ramon! Ramon!" He turned around and had a giant smile on his face. We asked him how he was doing, and he said he was having a hard time, and he wants us to come and teach him. That was literally a testimony of prayer to me. We may pray for something, but it's all about the Lord's timing when he wants something to happen. He'll make it happen. SO COOL!

We also arranged for a soccer game for some members and investigators in our area. We were going on spanish time so no one showed up for the first hour. But slowly but surely we had 4 families there. WOOOOHH! haha we were hoping for like 10, but what can you do? Haha. Our investigator Vicente (his girlfriend is a member) and their 2 kids came, and he had fun! I was so glad.   He needed to see a funner side of us because, well,  we want him to stop drinking, and we want them to get married.  We want him to be baptized but most importantly, we want them to go to the temple and be sealed as a family forever. He knows that, and after a really powerful lesson on Thursday he's really thinking about it. He just knows he's gonna have to change his lifestyle, and that's gonna be the hard thing. He's getting baptized before I leave this area. I'm not leaving until he is. 

Women's conference was great! (We watched the first half in Spanish though, so I didn't take any notes, haha, but really spiritual. Go read on LDS.org if you haven't already.)

I can't really think of anything else that happened this week but just know I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Happy Birthday Mom!!

Keep the faith,
Hermana Groves
enjoy haha







No comments:

Post a Comment