Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Español otra vez!

September 2nd, 2014

As you all read my email from last week (which I'm sure you did..) you know that I was transferred, and my friends, I was. Back in Spanish baby! But get this.. I actually live in my first (Spanish) area. Haha I'm in a different ward and we don't live in our area but I will never be able to get over my first area which I loved because... I drive through it multiple times a day! Haha and the familia Avalos (the family that I baptized) live across the street from one of our borders. It makes me upset because I really just want to go visit them. Haha. Always wanting more.. 

But I also got some more cool news. I have a native companion. Her name is Hermana Vargas, she's from Barcelona, Spain. Holy Hannah. She's so foreign, I love her. She's a temple square sister, so what they do for 12 weeks they go "outbound" to one of the other missions in the states and have a proselyting mission. Unfortunately, I only get her for the last 3 weeks of her outbound and then she goes back to Salt Lake. It's super depressing because I love her so much. We get along so well! But maybe ya'll could go visit her on the square someday. 

Okay so this week we've had some bipolar weather, it's super hot and then it rains. Typical Houston, I know. But we had many adventures, like riding our bikes, filling up our tires, contacting people, ect. Never trust Houston weather, it can still be 100 outside and rain. 

Our area is pretty dead. Meaning we don't have a lot of people to teach, investigators or members. Our bishop just got excommunicated for something way scandalous and basically the ward is falling apart, a lot of people are going inactive because of it. You know what president said to me  "You are the perfect missionary for this area. You seem to fix things that appear to be messed up to no recovery." obviously he said it more eloquently like president and less like me but you get the point. He told me that I'm going to work miracles here. I don't think it'll be too hard for it to go up from here. Haha  but I definitely have faith. 

Honestly I don't have a lot more to share.. I've been a little under the weather and so we haven't been running around as much because.. well that'd be a disaster haha. But I'm so lucky to be a missionary. I love it. I love representing my Savior to the best of my ability. I know that his grace is sufficient, even for me. I love you all and hope you have a great rest of the week! Until then, be strong and carry on! I love you!
Hermana (oh yeah, I love the ring of that) Groves



No comments:

Post a Comment