Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Maplewood 2

May 5th, 2014

Well another week in Maplewood 2, or what's left of it! Yesterday they changed the ward boundaries and we lost a bunch of our members :( holy cow, we thought when our ward boundary changed that was bad... These people do not live within 5 minutes of eachother like we did.. try like 40. So I'll be more grateful. 
This week I learned that I watched a lot more spongebob before my mission than I thought.. I didn't realize it before because Hermana Bonhard would always quote it with me.. Sister Ritter? No. I probably quote spongebob like 4 or 5 times a day. Don't I just feel so mature? haha but I found my soul mate investigator...(hahaha) we taught this guy Jeff last week, he was a referral from visiting mormon.org and we knocked on his door to find him wearing a shirt with cats flying on pizzas through outer space. This man is probably 50-60 has a baby and the shirt was at least one size smaller than he is. He lives in a hotel and we had to sit on a bed while he leaned against a dresser to teach him. I feel like this description doesn't even explain the sight we saw when we met him. Because we really thought he was weird and he was, but not as much as we had originally thought. Turns out he's actually read the Bible 4 or 5 times, it's not a joke either, he quotes lots of scriptures and he's really interested in finding out the truth. 
We're also teaching this less active who is having a really hard time. She's addicted to dope so much that she actually prostitutes herself so she can get more drugs. It breaks my heart, Satan is working really hard on her and she has the desire to change, she just needs to act on that desire. We taught her from Eph. the other day about putting on the armor of God and we're working on drawing her a picture with her wearing the armor of God to protect herself from all ungodliness. We know it all starts with the basics of scripture study and prayer but it's so much more than that. I know that as we work to arm ourselves we will be able to fight against temptation because Jesus Christ gives us the strength that we need. 
Yesterday I also saw Brother and Sister Harris (that used to be in the Cedar Hills Ward) Sister Harris gave me a big hug and that was really sweet of her. I'm having a hard time adjusting back to english, but I was born into it, I should be able to survive through it haha. I can't think of anything else, we chalked again and my companion is very quiet. She wishes I would just shut up. I'm working on it. But apparently she doesn't like when I make up songs to her in the car? PFT. Who doesn't like my songs? Haha anyways I hope you guys have a great week. Love you all! 
Hermana Groves


No comments:

Post a Comment