Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

May 12th, 2014

This week we had what seemed like a really long week, where we taught a few lessons and the rest of it was just driving around trying to find people in our are area, less actives and formers all that fun. But after 2 days straight of strictly knocking doors and calling old/bad phone numbers we recieved 3 marvelous texts. We had referrals, the best kind mormon.org referrals. These are the people who go out of their way to find the church website and ask for missionaries. So you know what we're doing this week! We're going to go visit them. I am so pumped. We were working up a sweat trying almost the whole ward list to get less actives and we were blessed by our efforts with some potential investigators. YAY! 
 
So I can't remember if I told you about a less active we're teaching named Cynthia. But she is a riot. Seriously she's really cleaning up here life, she's getting married, she's been clean for 2 weeks of cocaine and she came to church yesterday for the first time in a long time! Let me just tell you some of the things she says that is just so funny. To me anyways. So she was thinking about her marrying Edward (her live in boyfriend) while she was by herself the other day and she said "Sisters, I was thinking about Edward the other day and I was praying to my Heavenly Father and the thought came to me that Heavenly Father is gonna be Edward's father in law. Oh wait that means Heavenly Father's gonna be my new father in law! Heavenly Father's gonna get a new son AND daughter in law!! Oh man, Cynthia where you going with all this?"  hahaha I love her. So there was this other time she was talking about right after she was baptized in like the 80's and how she was living on God's side. She said that she and God were so close that she would get her hair done and it's be raining and as soon as she said "My haaaaiirrr" the rain would stop. She's super entertaining and sweet too, she sometimes takes in homeless people and gives them food, bathes them and sends them on their way. She's a really great lady I really like her. I'm glad her friend from the ward comes with us most of the time though, she's better at keeping her on track than we are haha.

So we have been working a lot with them members and just getting to know them and their families. One rule I hate as a missionary is the baby rule. In every house I go in there is a baby under the age of 1. I just wanna hold all the babies! Speaking of my young ward, yesterday being mother's day the primary kids sang but there is no such thing as a senior primary here, there are 3 nurseries and about 50 children in the primary under the age of 8. This ward is adorable. But you can imagine how that song went without the older kids there to kinda lead the song. Haha I didn't even cry! That was mainly cause I didn't really know what song they were singing hahaha. Ah man. 

I finally saw a Vermont Licence Plate. Ahh Yeah! I can't think of anything else to share. I hope all you mothers had a good mother's day and I was so happy to talk to the fam yesterday :) I hope everyone has a great week! :) LOVE YOU!
Sister Groves
Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment