Tuesday, November 11, 2014

"I got soul but I'm not a soldier"

July 2nd, 2014

This week we got transfer calls and guess what... Sister Groves is staying in Maplewood 2 and Sister Ritter is being transferred. That came as a giant surprise for us.. seriously. Sister Ritter thought that she was going to end her mission here and well...I thought I'd go back to Spanish eventually.. I will, I will. :) 
This week was so lame guys. We basically rode our bikes to the other side of the world, and I say that because we had to bike through an ocean. Haha it dumped buckets here. We had like 4 flash flood warnings, but the work doesn't stop for a little rain. Haha. My legs are so ripped you would not believe it, trudging through the water on my bike.. Man. haha 
But because of that we weren't able to teach a lot of people. We were trying this less active family and so we knocked on the door, and this young man opened the door (he wasn't the less active, but his brother[babysitting the kids]) and he said he would love for us to come in and share a message, we saw that there was a woman inside so we thought it was okay for us to go in. Well that lady seemed to have disappeared as we came to sit down. Let's call this guy Tom, for the smoothness of the story. We were offered a seat, drinks, all the southern hospitality stuff. He sat in the middle of the couch and Sister Ritter just kinda sat on the couch, I avoided that situation and sat on a random chair. We were asking him questions about his beliefs and he was asking questions about everything but our beliefs. Luckily I wasn't born yesterday so when he started staring and told the kids to go outside I took that hint. But apparently I was the only one, I was trying to hint that we needed to go, but Sister Ritter didn't catch my drift. Haha this guy was pro, you can tell that he was a ladies man, he was trying. But I asked if we could say a prayer with him and then just picked up my stuff and said "man we really gotta go!" he was like "ah come on, stay a little bit longer, I'm sure you can be late." HA! no. no we can't be late for our FAKE APPOINTMENT. Yikes.
I talked to this man on the bus and he told me all about how Americans are racist and that he's surprised I speak Spanish cause I look like a racist American. But he liked me cause I didn't deny him space in the ER. People on the bus are nuts. I am a person on the bus sometimes. I'm also nuts. 
As I continued to ride my bike this week I kept singing "come come ye saints" but without even thinking about it I actually ended up giving it a remix to "I got soul but I'm not a soldier" by the killers. hahaha He's mormon.. so it's approved.. right? baha wrong. But whatever keeps you biking..
I don't have a whole lot more to share. Sorry this week was lame. I hope you guys have a great week :) LOVE YOU!
Sister Groves

No comments:

Post a Comment