Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Father's Day!



June 9th, 2014

Happy Father's Day week!!
Well this week I was given a new companion. Let me tell you guys, she's kickin'. Her name is Sister Piutau (pew- t-ou) all the way from Ontario, CA but her parents are from Tonga. My lanta this girl is hilarious. Basically we just have opposite senses of humor but we both laugh at the other. There's like a joke from everything. Also she's super cute. I know all the men are fighting over her back home. And she can sing. Ah. I like her. But unfortunately she's going home next transfer.By the end of next transfer like ALL of my companions will be home. Dumb. Anyways..But on the brightside we got to drive away from the mission office in a brand spankin new car. It only had 30 miles on it.  This week we got lost. A lot. I'm buying a GPS this week because we cannot continue to just drive/ride around lost all day. It's not very purposeful. 
On another hand, we had a "Multicultural Potluck" for our ward party this week. I love living in America. The melting pot. Whatever country you can think of, it was represented. It was so awesome. And we had some investigators come and get to know the ward so that was really good. It was a good chance for us to get to know them and just get personal. The senior couple went out with us to subway a few weeks ago and I got a footlong. Bad idea. Elder Mechling at everything we're at with food he makes sure to come up to me and say "I knew the first round wasn't going to be enough for you" at Zone meeting they brought lunch for us and he said "I want you guys to make sure you leave enough for Sister Groves. But Sister Groves you gotta leave enough for everyone else." Haha so that's a constant battle. But whatever, I eat alot. I'm healthy. Get over it! haha
So yesterday we went to our ward and the single's ward with one of our recent converts who wanted to try it out. And let me tell you. I'm so glad I'm not in singles ward right now. haha awkward. Besides the point, during the sacrament in our ward we were sitting there reverently and this like 2 year old was doing the 2 year old thing and just kinding standing on the pew looking back. Well.. She had been holding her sacrament water in her mouth and she looked right at us and spit all over Sister Piutau! Haha holy cow, I know we gotta be reverent during the sacrament. But I was dying. Haha "Welcome To Maplewood 2 Sister Piutau!!" Just can't get over it. 
Guys I love being a missionary. I'm so glad to be out here in Texas, I want you all to know that no time is wasted in the work of the Lord, whether it's serving in a calling, being a full time or a part time missionary. Heavenly Father wants all of his children to return to Him and it's all our responsibility. You guys are great, I love you and hope you have a fantastic week. Keep strong and carry on :)





No comments:

Post a Comment