Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Trunky Trainer

October 20th, 2014

That line is basically describing my past week. "Trunky": a term used by missionaries when referring to other missionaries that are basically packing up their "trunks", thinking about what they'll be doing after their mission, overly missionary tired. There is a reason that I didn't train earlier on in my mission because these guys are fresh out of the world. They got all the information of things going on in the outside world. And when they talk about it a lot, you can't help but think about it. So I'm back to working on keeping my thoughts diligent and not about movie quotes and all that. But don't worry, Heavenly Father helped me out as I was in my personal study in 2 Nephi 4. If I just trust in the Lord, follow the commandments/keep mission rules I will be prosperous in the land/prosperous in  my mission or in keeping my thoughts focused where they need to be. 

So last week I told you about Aaron, our investigator who accepted a baptismal date. We've seen him a few times since then and he's progressing SO MUCH!! He has prayed about what we've taught him and he feels like it's 100% true. It's so awesome. He's keeping all the commitments we leave him with and he's just so legit. Just 18. I can't get over it. Haha that rhymed. Anyways we're going to see him again to teach him about the gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the holy ghost) and we're really excited! We have this cute member named Jesenia coming out with us and we think she'll be a perfect friend for him. 

On Saturday we had a crazy day. We literally spent the whole proselyting day biking. But of course my brakes stopped working (cause they always seem to do so) we called the elders to come help us, but we weren't patient enough so we biked over to the Tacam's. A family in the ward who I knew Hermano would be home to help me out. A little background on Hermano Taccam. This guy is the NICEST guy I've ever met. He's from Guatamala and he's just so nice. But because he's Guatamalan he has a certain trait... he's super short. I'm short, but he only comes to my shoulders, if that,okay? So we go to the Tacam's and ask for help, they invite us to sit and we talk with Hermana while Hermano is fixing my bike. But as I'm watching him through the window from my seat I can't help of think of how great this scene would have been in a movie. Every time he gets on my bike to try it out he has to turn it over to the side because it's too tall. He did this multiple times. and then he'd just ride past the window and slam on the brakes. Haha I had to hold in my laughter but after we left I basically died of laughter. But turns out he tightened the brakes too tight, so for the rest of the day I rode my bike around with A LOT of friction. But because of that I'm probably gonna have the buffest legs/butt ever. Sweet. Seriously. I'm super grateful for them though, I would rather have too well of working brakes than not working brakes. You take what you can get. :)

I can't think of a lot more that happened but we both had our first TEXAS BBQ this week. YAY!! I hope ya'll have a good week and hope to hear from you next week :) Remember to keep strong and carry on :)

Hermana Groves


No comments:

Post a Comment