Tuesday, November 11, 2014

In flippin' no man's land.

April 28th, 2014

Okay so that title is a little deceiving but so were my thoughts when I was being transferred. Which I was.. I'm still in Houston but I have been switched to an English area. Remember a few weeks ago when I made a comment about the disobedient sister missionaries that got sent home? (well if I didn't I am now, like 5 english sisters went home for disobedience) so president had to make all of the sister areas bigger and take out a few and yes about 3 of us Spanish sisters were switched to English, temporarily. Not gonna lie, I was a little surprised but I gotta do what I gotta do. So now I'm senior companion and this new ward is hard. You wanna know why? Well a majority of the ward are at Baylor and UT doing their residencies so basically our whole ward is medical students. That's not the problem though, I mean they have cute wives who are willing to come out with us and feed us every day but the problem is.. The babies! I kid you not, in Relief Society yesterday every other woman had a baby on her lap. That's not even fair, because I can't hold them and they're adorable, honestly, I just want to pinch their cheeks. So that's a major distraction. Now I'm thinking too much about my future and to be frank, I don't like it. I'm a missionary, not a teenage girl planning out her fantasy life. Haha. 
My new companion's name is Sister Ritter, she's from Utah and is a really nice girl, this area is really big and she was only here for one transfer so we're trying to get a handle on it. She's been out for a little over a year and goes home in July. We're working a lot with a recent convert named Cheryl and if she gets a family name we can go with her to the temple on Saturday. We hope that's the case. The work is a little bit different here on the English side. I'm used to just doing a lot of street contacting but here they work mainly with referrals, which can be good and bad. I'm taking sister Ritter out on the bikes today though so we'll definitely meet some people ;)
There was an elder's quorum family bbq on saturday and we were invited and I thought this was funny so I'll share. Everytime someone showed up they would say "I need a doctor" and everyone would just start laughing. Doctor man humor. It was almost ridiculous but I couldn't stop laughing. haha. 
I said goodbye to all my loved ones last week and that was hard but I hope to keep in contact with them. I don't even remember how to pray in English. It's a joke. Haha but I don't have a whole lot more to say, I hope you have a great week. I love you all. If you would like to write me at my apartment for the next 5 weeks (at least) my address will be .. 
1800 El Paseo #1303
 Houston, Texas 77054
Love you all. Keep strong and carry on.
Sister Groves


No comments:

Post a Comment