Tuesday, November 11, 2014

June 23rd, 2014

Hello!
I hope you have all had a great week filled with all the goods. This week i went all over the place. Seriously! I got to go to Galvaston! Sister Piutau had a baptism of someone she taught while we were there so we got to go all the way down there! For someone who doesn't remember ever going to an actual beach this was exciting, the closest I've ever been to the ocean. But guess what! we aren't allowed to drive by the beach or anything! Secretly, I'm glad, it was a beautiful day with the sun shining and water reflecting off the ocean. It was super hot, so you know I would have been tempted to just jump in the water. No fear. So we went and that was a very beautiful service and the family of the man who was being baptized came and had traveled from far away. So that was really cool.. We went to another baptism yesterday (my companion just has taught a lot of people in her time I guess..) 
We started teaching this 16 year old named Louis, and he's super cool, he referred himself through mormon.org. He ordered a book of mormon so we went to deliver it, we went back the next day and he had already read like 3 chapters. This kid is legit. We saw him 3 times last week, I love how the Lord provides us with people who are prepared to be taught. 
I love Edith Lazo. I don't know if she has facebook or what, but she's a ward missionary, member of a year and we're teaching her family and she comes out teaching with us all the time. She's got a really strong testimony of the gospel. I'm jealous. She bought us popusas the other day. Holla. They were delicious. I can't think of anything except that it's hurricane season here, so everyone keeps telling us to be prepared. The only thing I'm not prepared for is this 110 degrees with 100% humidity that everyone keeps warning me about. I wish I had something funny or different to share with you guys but I got nothing. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 
Hermana Groves
ps mom made a comment about me not cooking... I make this really good chicken for Sister P and me like once a week :)





awkward I didn't mean to send that creepy picture of me... I actually didn't mean to send either of those 2 in the middle. well.. surprise everyone who opens this lame email. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment